RUK was launched as a direct result of client feedback, which emphasised the need for a front of house service that bridged the gap between security and a customer’s overall experience. RUK in response created a model that incorporates, concierge style attributes, with high end customer service, whilst maintaining a high security presence. In order to do this, we advocate and support all of our employees obtaining a SIA Licence. There is increasing pressure on receptionists to carry out simple security duties for example, controlling access/egress and patrols of their buildings. These duties should not be undertaken without the required training by a registered SIA training institution. Fines of up to £5000 or 6 months in prison are potential consequences for carrying out licensable activities without the correct training. The benefits of having a receptionist with a SIA licence are:
- Increases knowledge and abilities of the whole team
- Encourages a ‘one team’ ethos in a multi service building
- Allows for cross overs between team members
- Enhances cover opportunities for sickness and absences
- Reduces the risk of fines for non-compliant SIA sites
RUK are proud to promote our SIA Licence USP and thrive in seeing our receptionists grow in their careers and abilities.